Today's post is an industrial marketing ideas report from Inbound 2016 in Boston this week. These are my notes from founders Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah's presentation.
- Now ad words are 100% above the fold
- Facebook now has "Pay per lead" it's a big change
- Now we have 14 vendors versus 5 ten years ago
- Paid content and content marketing go well together
- Ten years ago the web site augmented the sales person. Today the sales person augments the web site.
- Questions are the new keyword phrase
- 50 percent of content needs to be video
- Users want a self service environment with your brand
- More people don't have a phone on their desk. Please don't leave a voice mail.
- Start with the sale and work backwards. The cold call is dead. Sales start with a personal email fron a sales rep, that sends 10 well thought out emails per day versus 100.
- Today, customers expect value before the sale. Use a Casper mattress for 100 days before paying.
- Always be closing, Is now always be helping
- Emails. Less is more.
- Cold calls. None is more.
- Trials. A taste is more.
- Sales reps still have the power and knowledge. But later in the sales process.
- 58% of sales starts with customers talking with each other
- 47% from media articles
- Base commission, pricing and recurring revenue plan on customer success
- Take dollars from marketing and spend it on adding value to your customer delight
- Terrible time to be the incumbent. 50% churn at the top 500 world brands
- 1994 internet founded
- The reason google succeeded because they tracked the link graph. 3.5 billion searches per day.
- Facebook has the private social person link graph. 2 billion searches per day.
- Amazon has the product search link graph
- The way to win at SEO is to focus on the HEO human engagement optimization
- Soon text to audio will be human like
- On mobile they use apps 80% of the time, not browsers
- Messaging apps have more users than other apps. Now Slack. Teams and Facebook Work
- Messaging trust is stronger than email
- Chatbots will be huge because the interface is human like. Hubspot building growthbots.
- Ask Growthbot who are the law firms that use google apps in boston. Then add it to leads.
- Growthbot.org and message. "inbound is awesome" and you will have access to the beta
- His prediction is that AI will become more human like
- We will have automous self driving marketing automation. The only problem will be having all the data in one place.
- We can now wish for what we want and sometimes our wish is granted.
Learn more with our Marketing Handbook which needs to be updated with this info.