June 19, 2018—Cleveland, OH - This seminar provides attendees with a fundamental understanding of metalforming processes and their capabilities, the common materials specified for these processes, and various types of surface coatings and treatments that metalformed parts may require. Attendees involved in such areas as purchasing, quality, sales and management will gain a clearer understanding of material specifications, properties, and process parameters and capabilities to better serve internal and external customers; to more accurately specify and purchase material, and improve troubleshooting, problem reporting and root-cause analysis.
• Important industry terminology and meaning
• Dfferences between flatteners, straighteners, and levelers
• Difference between “sheet” and “strip” metals (it’s not what you may think)
• Differences between flywheel drive and servo drive presses
• Why surface hardness specifications are not the best indicators that the metal you order will work in production
• How to properly order sheet material to assure you get what you need
• How to deal with international material specifications
• How new higher strength automotive materials affect your business and plant operations
• Difference between reactive, preventive, predictive and proactive maintenance programs
• True cost of die maintenance
• Acceptable stamping burr (it’s much less than you think)
• How does welding, molding, plating affect the stamping process
• Different types of quality measurement tools and equipment
Peter Ulintz, Director of Technical Training and Workforce Development, Precision Metalforming Association
8:00 a.m. Breakfast
8:30 a.m. Presentation
12:00 p.m. Lunch
12:45 p.m. Presentation
4:30 p.m. Adjourn
Precision Metalforming Association HQ
6363 Oak Tree Blvd.
Independence, OH 44131
Holiday Inn Cleveland South Independence
6001 Rockside Rd.
Independence, OH 44131
Reserve your room online or call the hotel directly to make room reservations. Reference Precision Metalforming Association to receive a special rate of $99 plus tax.
Hotel includes a complimentary shuttle to and from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (call the hotel upon arrival to arrange pickup). Hotel offers free self-parking and a shuttle will be provided to and from PMA’s headquarters.
Through June 8
$399 PMA members
After June 8
$499 PMA members
Breakfast and lunch is included with your registration.
For more information, please contact Marianne Sichi at 216-901-8800 ext. 150.
August 15-16 Transfer Automation Toronto, ON
September 12-13 Stamping Higher-Strength Steels Nashville, TN
October 2-3 Designing & Building Metal Stamping Dies Cleveland, OH
December 5-6 Deep Draw Technology Cleveland, OH
View all upcoming PMA events
Copyright 2018 Precision Metalforming Association, All Rights Reserved. Precision Metalforming Association, 6363 Oak Tree Blvd, Independence, OH 44131