It's time to re-evaluate available media. Does this sound famillar?
- Magazine ads seem like a questionable investment when the last issue was 24 pages.
- Everyone's looking for information on the internet but how do you choose what works?
- Trade shows seem like a good idea but you met more exhibitors than customers the last time.
- Email is inexpensive but does everyone delete and filter as much as you do?
- Last week you got more robot calls than real calls?
"One study, by Marketing Management Analytics (MMA), finds that just 7 percent of finance executives are satisfied with their companies' ability to measure marketing ROI."
Eloqua's report shows the following:
- 80 percent of CEOS say they don't really trust the work done by marketers;
- 80 percent say marketers are too disconnected from financial realities;
- 78 percent believe marketers lose sight of generating quantifiable customer demand;
- 74 percent want marketers to become 100 percent ROI-focused.
Cutting costs and improving product and service to customers rules B2B manufacturing services today. Sales managers are asking what it's going to take to get the work, identifying specific companies and contacting them personally. Do the same with your marketing and you'll be making the right decisions.
Make 2013 the year you align your marketing communication with sales.
To do this you will need to integrate your media with your contact management system to prove ROI.
Digital Literature can give you insight into its performance and ROI.
I don't know about you, but I like to read the paper on my computer now. Easier to navigate, more color photos, video and related links make the experience so much better. Try to do that with your company brochure. Al Gore's new ebook "Our Choice" is a great example of beautiful, dense information that's fun to view and interact. Graphic design tools are available to layer data and make one chart show several different sets of related information. Video is included as well as amazing high definition images and global positioning. You don't have to do any more than what works for your communication problem. These new marketing tools do communicate and they are measurable.
Better Internet Marketing Communications will give better ROI than excessive banner ads and ad words.
It's the search engines' job to find what you are looking for. They are getting very good at it with the integration of local position information, your search history and your network friends. Here are some questions to ask yourself if internet marketing investment is right for you:
- Are your buyers/prospects using search to identify potential suppliers/providers? Is your knowledge or experience a key component of your product or service delivery?
- Are you spending a ton of money on banner ads and pay per click? Maybe you would be better to focus on education and not advertising.
- Are you an early adopter or sell innovation?
Industry Professional Associations and their Trade Shows are always a home run.
Circling the wagons and combining forces with others in your industry is one way to get back in the groove. Non-profit industrial trade groups that offer everything from education to lobbying are still strong. You'll have to get involved to benefit but that's social media that does work.
Usually the season centers around the industry association show, submit a technical paper, invite your customers, add them to your contact management system at the show and remember it may take up to eleven touchpoints after the show to make a sale.
A Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is the key to good email marketing communications.
Trade your content for their email on your site. If you don't have valuable content, blog until you can combine several into a worthy document. Only send email to those that have requested it.
The telephone still works, leave a voice mail.
This is the best introduction to a new account. With the free Salesforce database you can get the phone number for anyone. Call and leave a polite message that specifically addresses a prospect's needs. Don't call if you aren't looking at their website. Follow up with a personal snail mail.
The perfect content management and customer relationship software
2013 will be the transitional year for marketing communications because the software needed to realign marketing with sales has finally come down in price. Give us a call, we'd be happy to share our successes.
A Creative Guide to get your message noticed.
Chuck Lohre's AdVenture Presentation of examples and descriptions from Ed Lawler's book of the same title - 10 Rules On Creating Business-To-Business Ads