CINCINNATI –The Greater Cincinnati Earth Coalition is now accepting nominations for its 2013 Environmental Awards, which recognizes outstanding and innovative projects, programs and individuals whose efforts improve and protect the environment in the Tri-state region.
Nominations for the 2013 Environmental Awards are due by March 15, 2013 and are available online at www.cincinnatiearthday.com/EcoAward.
The Greater Cincinnati Earth Coalition established the Environmental Awards to recognize outstanding work in environmental stewardship. Environmental Awards are given in the following six categories:
- Business/organization: recognizes commitment to the environment, including through green design, recycling, environmental programming, energy innovation, or products.
- Government agencies: recognizes environmental stewardship, including through programing, legislation, air-quality, environmental promotion, community building or conservation.
- Teacher: recognizes efforts to increase environmental awareness, including demonstrating leadership or teaching others about the environment.
- Student: recognizes a student who has demonstrated environmental stewardship.
- Citizen: recognized an individual who has demonstrated a contribution to the environment.
Winners will be notified and honored at the 43rd Cincinnati Earth Day Celebration, which will be held on Saturday, April 20, 2013 at Sawyer Point, noon-5 p.m.
About the Greater Cincinnati Earth Coalition
The Greater Cincinnati Earth Coalition is a community of not-for-profit organizations, businesses, government agencies and individuals from the Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana tri-state region who work cooperatively and actively to promote the beauty and environmental quality of the tri-state area. Visit www.cincinnatiearthday.com for more information on the event.