What: This free, family-friendly event hosted by the Greater Cincinnati Earth Coalition and the Environmental Protection Agency, will feature live music, a children's puppet show and parade, the 3rd-8th grade student recycled costume contest and fashion show and presentation of the 2013 Environmental awards recognizing individuals and organizations who demonstrate environmental stewardship. There will also be over 75 vendors and exhibitors offering earth-friendly products and interactive environmentally educational activities.
Schedule of events:
- 12:00 p.m.: Opening Ceremony: Miami Valley Council for Native Americans Drum Circle
- 12:15 p.m.: "America the Beautiful" performed by Katie Burgin
- 12:20, 3, and 4 p.m.: Live music by Wild Carrot, Hickory Robot, and Magnolia Mountain
- 12:30, 1:15, 2, 2:30, 3, 3:30 and 4 p.m.: Lecture series
- 1:05 p.m.: 2013 Environmental Awards presentation recipients:
- Citizen: Christian Huelsman
- Business: Melink, Corp.
- Student: Environmental Club of South Lebanon Elementary School
- Teacher: Dr. Ann Gunkel
- Government: City of Hamilton
- 1:30 p.m.: Student Recycled Costume Contest and Fashion Show
- 2:15 p.m.: Planet Protectors Parade
- 2:30 p.m.: Animal show presented by the Newport Aquarium
When: Saturday, April 20, 2013 from Noon-5 p.m.
Where: Sawyer Point, 805 E. Pete Rose Way, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Why: To recognize individuals and business whose efforts on behalf of the environment make Greater Cincinnati a beautiful place to live.
Visit www.cincinnatiearthday.com for more details about the event.